Windows Azure, a new operating system that resides completely on the Internet. The Azure™ Services Platform is designed to help developers quickly and easily create, deploy, manage, and distribute web services and applications on the Internet. This will help developers create custom applications that run entirely on the Internet, accessible from web browsers on PCs, laptops, netbooks, smartphones and cell phones. Microsoft hopes that businesses will use Azure on Microsoft's servers to do all their computing.
Use Windows Azure to:
* Add Web service capabilities to existing packaged applications.
* Build, modify, and distribute applications to the Web with minimal on-premises resources.
* Perform services (large-volume storage, batch processing, intense or large-volume computations, etc.) off premises.
* Create, test, debug, and distribute Web services quickly and inexpensively.
* Reduce costs of building and extending on-premises resources.
* Reduce the effort and costs of IT management.