iBasket Laundry Concept is Clothes Hamper, Washer For The Lazy




I fail at managing laundry. I have way too many clothes. When I am ready to wash, it’s an all day affair dragging heavy baskets to and from the washer/dryer. I’m not saying I’m too busy or lazy. I just want a simpler solution and I think designer Guopeng Liang is on to something with his iBasket concept.



It’s a hamper/washer/dryer. After you fill it up, an automatic wash and dry cycle initiates. It’s even Wi-Fi enabled to help you monitor it remotely. Once it’s finished, it’ll alert you via email or text message to your phone. Guopeng Liang doesn’t say what method of washing it uses, tho there are spillways for water so that must mean you have to be near a hose, a sink - some sort of outlet. It also doesn’t solve the problem or sorting. I wouldn’t want two separate units for colors and fabric types. But for now I’m happy knowing somewhere, sometime in the near future - my life will be one step closer to the Jetsons.


Designer: Guopeng Liang

0 comments: